Welcome To My Blog


I'm a country girl at heart but have, from time to time, transplanted myself into various cities around the world. I enjoy both for different reasons but it's obvious that you can't take the 'country' out of the girl :) I hope you enjoy your visit here. If you'd like to leave comments, please feel free.


Monday, November 30, 2009

Be Grateful

So what do I mean by this title you may wonder ...? Well from my study in the last 10 years or more I have come to realise that this seemingly small act will make a huuuuge difference to your life as you now know it. If you don't believe me I challenge you to try it for 30 days and see.



This is how it works .... every day - did you read that correctly - every day - find at least 5 things that you feel grateful for in your life and then find another 5 things that you would like in your life and don't yet have, however just for this exercise pretend that they are in fact in your life now and give thanks and grattitude that they are. Get your self a little notebook and keep it by the bed and do this fun action at the same time every day - either morning or evening will do. You must really feel the gratitude though - don't just write 5 things on the page with no feeling. I challenge you to do it for 30 days ....



I have found so many things to be grateful for even in the 4 weeks or so I have been back in NZ. Some of them include having a friend offer me her home to stay in, with her, for as long as I need it until I find something more permanent; through this friend I have been lucky enough to have found a 3 bedroom home with double drive-in garage and veg garden ready to be planted, available to me for a whole year - yes - that's right, a whole year - for a small rent which is well below the market price. I am so grateful for that ! Please make your bookings in advance - there could be a rush !



And there's more ....

in the local paper recently was an advert placed by a small boutique winery here wanting some staff. I responded and went to meet the owner. It turns out that she was a graduate of the Home Science School I went to in Dunedin way back in 1969-71 and who I remembered ! Typically, she married a Med student and he is from Motueka a small town about 45 mins from Nelson, now of course a practising doctor and let me tell you he won't be practising on me ! She started a year after me and stayed in the same hostel as I did. What a connection ! Anyway the outcome is that I have a job, probably only at the weekends to start with, in the kitchen and on the coffee machine. The winery has been doing very well with awards and opened the cafe last year so this is the 2nd year for that and it will be a bit of trial and error for shifts and working out who is best in which role but I don't mind. http://www.fossilridge.co.nz/ The location is stunning in the foothills of Richmond about 20 mins from Nelson city. Landscaping includes a big pond and gardens and decks for customers. There are wine tastings of course and have had up to 70 customers in the cafe on the busiest day. Even though I have had a little experience as a 'Barista" I will need some updating so am scurrying around sourcing someone to help me there. There's one thing I'm not so grateful for and that is the pay rates ! However it's a start and I really appreciate that.



One more thing to add to my list is my lovely 'new' car. It's the newest and bestest car I have owned and it's thanks to my parents that I was able to purchase it. It so much feels like a brand new car, complete with CD player and radio. I tell myself every day how lucky I am and how grateful I am to them.


And ...

A week after I arrived here in Nelson I visited my sister and parked in her wide driveway. I was happily engaged in conversation with the family and one of the Samoan boys came and asked me to come and look at the car. He had swiped it as he was backing into the drive and left a huge scratch and a dent in the driver's door!! No insurance either. I do have, fortunately, so my insurance co is going to pay the whole lot and I don't loose my no claims bonus but it seems he gets off with absolutely no cost. He works in the apple orchards and vineyards here so not earning a lot. I have remained calm - what can you do about it once it is done...? It's only a car after all and no one was hurt. He has done this more than twice so the upsetting thing is that he doesn't seem to have learned a lesson. In future I will park my car out on the road in the c ul-de-sac.




I am also so grateful for finding a business like Polaris Media Group. I joined up a few months ago and am now working my way through the Beyond Freedom Personal development programme which is awesome. Has anybody noticed the difference yet ? For a general overview and listen go to www.pmgnorthstar.com/boc/au (or /eu or /us depending which country you are in) Northstar is our very own marketing system which has just been launched brand new.

Some people who are doing this have resigned from their jobs after 3 mths earning a very good income thank you very much. (Due to compliance we are not allowed to make statements of possible earnings) As a lot of my friends know I am not a very good employee (well if you didn't already - now you do !) and have owned 3 businesses now so being my own boss and in charge of my earnings and the hours that I work is rather good. How does 20-30 hours a week with a 6-7 figure income in the first year sound ! Hey I enjoy it too - what a bonus ! Great people to work with - all of them entrepreneurs going places in their lives. Some with absolutely no business experience ever but our system does all the hard work for us so anyone c an do it. www.saldarogroup.com for more information.

THe business model is based on the Law of Attraction which you can find out more about here ...
href="http://www.whatisthesecret.tv">What Is The Secret

You can also have a sneek preview of what it's about by going to the site of our DVD www.knowforyourself.com If you would like to purchase it enter coupon code no 149345 for a $5 discount.


This list is getting very long ..... I'll finish here and leave the rest for the next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment