" . . . . We left without a deal. He said he’d think about it. Only later did I realize the story I could have told him. Not the facts and figures, and not even a story about baseball — but a story about Las Vegas, a city I knew well because I owned its hockey team. . . . ."
On our training call yesterday morning the value of telling your story, or that of a colleague, relating to a product or experience will have your potential customer involved and participating and will increase the chance that they will either buy from or join you.
Here is a great article I found in Linkedin which illustrates the point beautifully.
http://www.linkedin.com/share?viewLink=&sid=s320035679&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2Fi5Vbqf&urlhash=rGKN&pk=nprofile-view-success&pp=1&poster=17131370&uid=5458120408442081280&trk=NUS_UNIU_SHARE-title
So the lesson is this - On a regular basis ie weekly if necessary, rewrite your story; listen and take notes on your colleagues' stories also then learn to relate them when in conversation with potential customers/clients. Your story may be about how you started your business; your latest success; about how a customer has found your product so useful or helped him/her in a certain way . . . Precis the essence of it so that you can repeat it when necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment